Thanks very much for coming by.
As you might guess, we publish poems consisting of a single sentence. Here are the rules.
Subscribe to this site by entering your email address in the thing on the right side of this page. Then click the big orange SUBMIT button. We will not give away or sell your email address. It will toss a poem in your inbox on Tuesdays through Saturday. Or, whip over to Facebook, if you’re into that kind of thing, and join this group. Being connected to us this way is a courtesy to the publishers but we have no poetry police force to make sure you’re subscribed.
Here’s what we look for in one-sentence poems.
- It must truly be a sentence.
- Start with an uppercase letter.
- End with a terminal punctuation mark. But don’t die.
- Semicolons are discouraged, especially when used to merge what should be multiple sentences into one long sentence.
- Format: There must be at least one line break. Some indents ok, but we can’t handle highly scattered formats. We prefer left-justified.)
- The sentence must be grammatically correct (subject + verb), with generally conventional punctuation.
- Please submit your introductory note, your poem or poems, and a 3rd person bio. Your bio, in keeping with the spirit of the journal, should consist of a single, relatively short sentence.
We publish a poem on this website a few weeks after it is accepted. Our schedule is typically Tuesdays through Saturday. On Sundays and Mondays we just sit around. When we get too much of a lag between acceptance and publication, we start working Mondays for awhile. We send out a tweet (on our Twitter account) when we publish a poem We also will post a link to new poems on the facebook page we share with Right Hand Pointing and White Knuckle Press.
Thanks. If you need anything, pop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.